Saturday 5 January 2008

This man will become the next President of the United States

Hopefully.



In 2000, I was on holidays in California, and I stumbled upon the Clinton speech during the Democratic convention. Wow, this man was a fabulous orator !! I could not witch off the T.V. set until after he finished his speech. Even if I am French, even if knew so little about U.S. politics, even if the other orators were boring.

In 2004, I stumbled upon the Barack Obama speech during the subsequent Democratic convention (on internet). At that time, nobody in France knew anything about Obama, but I was so much impressed, that I told all my (French) friends about this man who spoke like a new Kennedy.



Now this man will maybe win the next United States presidential election. Wow !!

No comments: