Finding the hotel in Shinjuku has been less difficult than expected, even zith the fact than some directions are only in Japanese kanji.
Some first impressions:
- people here really wear Japanese traditional clothes (sometimes)
- there are not waste bins anywhere, but the streets are always pristinely clean
- there are very few tourists here
- a lot of homeless people in the streets (well no more than in Paris), but never begging for anything...
- hot and damp here
- energizing drinks in vending machines anyzhere, cheap
- people are very friendly